Chantal Birch Ashton, E-RYT 200
My Training & Education
- Attended Southern Seminary College
- Diploma in Herbal Studies- American College of Health Sciences
- Certified Holistic Health Coach-Institute of Integrative Nutrition
- 1 year Science and Art of Herbalism- Rosmary Gladstar
- 1 year Advanced Herbal Studies Program – Sage Mountian
- Reiki 1,2 and Master Training & Certification
- Bach Flower Essence Level 1 Practitioner Certification
- Epona EASE Program Advanced Training in Equine Facilitated Learning
- 6 Month Private Mentorship with Kathleen Barry Ingram- Equine Facilitated Learning
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training-Silver Lotus Yoga Institute
- 1 year Yoga Therapy Training with Integrative Yoga Therapy
- 2 year Program Core Shamanic Practices- Susan McClellen
- 1 year Celtic Shamanism Practices – Susan McClellen
- Celtic Shamanism Training – Tom Cowan
My journey with horses began in childhood with a deep love and desire to be near them.
Although my family lived in town, not on a farm, I managed to convince my parents to let me take riding lessons and it began a love affair that continues to this day. For many years I went the traditional route showing hunters/jumpers, and eventually showing Arabians with much success on the national level.
As I matured in my own self-awareness this proved to be very unfulfilling …Being a certified Riding Instructor since 1988, I taught riding instruction for many years using the centered riding approach but found most students were only interested in winning ribbons and for me that connection wasn’t deep enough.
Natural Horsemanship was a natural draw for me at this point, knowing there must be a better way with our horses that foster love and respect on both sides of the lead rope. This is where my true transformation began…next came Parelli, Anna Twinney, Mark Rashid and any other insightful teacher that I could learn from.
As my interest in holistic health grew, I went back to college getting my diploma in herbal studies and studying for 2 years with well-known herbalist Rosemary Gladstar and shortly thereafter, training in Reiki levels 1,2, & 3, becoming a Reiki Master. In addition, I went on to study Flower Essences with The Bach Foundation becoming a Level 1 Practitioner. I completed my Yoga Teacher Training in 2004 with Silver Lotus Yoga Institute and Integrative Yoga Therapy. In between all of this I managed to work with my shamanic teachers Susan McClellan, from Wales and Tom Cowan in Celtic Shamanism.
Spiritually, I am an ordained Interfaith Minister and weave the Buddhist practices of mindfulness with my deep Celtic spiritual roots, and I find my natural inclination to honor all living things as sacred comes from these roots. I share all of this with you because this is the deep well from which I draw my inspiration, knowledge and intuitive abilities and this forms the base of my practice.
All of these teachings seemed to mesh together when I discovered Linda Kohanov insights on the way of the horse, which seemed to be what I had known all along. It was wonderful to know there were others out there like myself who had the same realizations about horses. I traveled to Arizona in 2007 taking part in the Epona Advanced Study Program, with both Linda Kohanov and Kathleen Barry Ingram, who together are the founding members of the Equine Facilitated Learning movement. This greatly helped to solidify my call to bring this work out into the larger community. I continue to work with Kathleen Barry Ingram to deepen my understanding and grow in my abilities.
Now my work with horses and their human partners is to weave all of these spiritually nourishing and holistic principals together, allowing for communication and healing to take place on a much more organic soul level.